Are you tired of going to the supermarket wanting to get some yummy granola only to find that its packed full of sugar and other unnecessary ingredients? Me too, which is why I’m sharing with you my favourite granola recipe! Perfect for autumn, this crunchy almond maple granola contains only simply ingredients and unrefined sugars, helping you to eat healthier and more seasonally! So, without further ado, let’s dig in!
To make this granola you will need:
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 1/3 cup sunflower oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- ¾ cup whole almonds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat your oven to 180˚C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or reusable baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, oil, syrup, almond extract, cinnamon, and salt. Stir everything together really well until the oats are completely coated.
- Add in the almonds and the pumpkin seeds and stir until they are evenly distributed.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking tray and spread it evenly across the tray. Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes, stirring every 5-10 minutes, until the granola is golden-brown and crispy.
- Once so, remove from the oven and leave to cool completely. Stir in the cranberries before transferring to a re-sealable glass jar. Enjoy for breakfast over yoghurt with your favourite seasonal fruit and drizzled with almond butter!
You can store this granola for up to 1 month in an air-tight glass jar – keep stored in a cool, dry place, out of direct sunlight.
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do! Let me know what you think by following me on Instagram @rhythmandgreen
Love and light,